Exploring the Databases
A database is a collection of data or structured information. It consists of multiple rows and columns. Each row represents a record, and each column represents an attribute. A database may match the schema of an attribute that is a part of the Lakehouse, defining a common language for business data. Any data changes made through Lakehouse SQL will be synched to Lakehouse. The addition or deletion of records in a table through Lakehouse SQL updates the cosmos metadata.
To select and explore a Database
For every import, SkyPoint Cloud adds a database to its analytical store known as Lakehouse.
- In the left pane, go to the Lakehouse > Databases.
The Databases window appears. The storage is organized into three layers, namely:
- Bronze – Tables of raw data ingested from various sources in the Dataflow with every light transformation.
- Silver – Refined and transformed view of the data for example after Map in the MDM / Stitch process.
- Gold – Consumption and business level aggregate Tables such as Profiles (Customer, Employee, Organization etc.), Timelines, Audience, and Metrics.
|Name||The name of the database.|
|Total Records||The number of rows of that individual database.|
|Data Completeness||Indicates the comprehensiveness of the data.|
|Source||Type of data source such as connectors that ingested the data.|
|Generated by||Indicates type of the data, which are either auto-identified by the system or manually mapped by users.|
|Edited by||The user who updated the imported data to formulate a processed one.|
|Last Refresh Date||The date and time when the database was last updated.|
|Actions||Rollback to bring the data to its previous state. Its purpose is to reverse a custom action that has made changes to the system.|
- Select a database to know more about the attributes and the data.
- The Attributes tab is opened by default and shows a table.
In the Attributes page, you will see a tabular representation of all the attributes present inside that entity with their details.
|Name||Shows name of the attribute.|
|Data type||Shows data type such as String or Integer.|
|Semantic Label||Describes the attribute.|
|Is Sensitive Data||Use this property to classify Semantic Labels as Sensitive.|
|Summary||Indicates you with some important characteristics of the data, such as unique values, counts, nulls, missing values.|
|Group by||View the items either in a list or specific Group (For example, Name, Data Type)|
|Back to Entity||Allows you to go back to the Entity page.|
|Download as CSV||Option to download the list of attributes in .csv file.|
- Select the Data tab to see the details about individual records of the entity.
In the data tab, you will see a tabular representation of the data with its values. The Column option side panel drop-down fields have a search functionality with a search placeholder. The search functionality has been made easier for the user by adding a search feature on the Column Options drop-down fields. Users can type for any attributes in the Column Settings field. This avoids the scrolling required for the long list of attributes.
To sort your Databases
You can sort your items in groups at one click. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Databases > Gold.
- Click Name column.
The Groups get sorted in ascending or descending order.
To download Comma Separated Value (CSV) file
You can download a CSV file (.csv format) that stores tabular data in plain text.
- Go to the Lakehouse > Databases.
- Select the attribute that you want to explore.
- Click Download as CSV in the upper-right corner of the page to download the CSV file.
After a successful download, you can open the CSV file. You'll find detailed information about a list of attributes associated with the database.