Creating Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) Enrichment
An SFTP is a network protocol that uses secure shell encryption to provide a high level of security for accessing and transferring files on remote systems. An SFTP server is a storage location where files are stored and retrieved. Enriched data is an asset for any organization because it generates new business insights.
With the SFTP data enrichment, you can combine first-party data from internal sources or third-party data from external sources. SFTP Enrichment supplements your customer data with data from external sources, including SkyPoint and other partners, by creating enrichments from connectors to enrich your data.
To configure SFTP enrichment, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You have an active customer profile.
- You have SFTP credentials for validation – Username, Password, Hostname, and Port number. For SFTP connection establishment, refer to the SFTP connector.
To create SFTP enrichment
- In the left pane, go to Profile > Enrichment, and select the Discover tab.
- Choose Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), click Enrich my data.
- Read the overview and click on Next.
The SFTP enrichment consists of five steps, and you need to perform in the following order:
- Connect: Select your SFTP connection for enrichment.
- Required data: Choose a data set containing customer profiles you want to enrich.
- Location: Create Skypoint SFTP enrichment.
- Attribute mapping: Map your field name to the corresponding SFTP file field.
- Review and run: Add the name for the SFTP enrichment and review the settings before running the enrichment.
Select and set up your SFTP connection
You can create a connection that allows SkyPoint Cloud instance to share data with another service.
- Click Add connection to add a new link.
- If you want to change the existing SFTP connection, select a Connection for enrichment from the drop-down list, then click Edit.
- Enter a Display name.
- Enter your SFTP credentials for validation – Username, Password, Host, and Port.
|Username||Option to enter your username through which you connect to the server.|
|Password||Option to enter your password.|
|Host||Option to enter the hostname of the server or the IP address.|
|Port||Option to enter the port number on which the client wants to connect.|
- Click Verify > Save > Next.
Select customer data set
- Choose a Customer data set from the drop-down list. For example, Profile, Audience.
- Click Next.
Create Skypoint SFTP enrichment
- Enter the Path > Filename of the data file to import.
- Click Verify > Next.
Map your field name to the corresponding SFTP file field
- Select the source attribute from the Source drop-down list.
- Select the SFTP file columns from the Target drop-down list.
- Click Next.
Name SFTP enrichment, review, and run
- Enter Enrichment name > Output table name.
- Click Save Enrichment.
- Click Run to start enriching the data.
- If you want to return, click Close.
- After the run process, click the My Enrichments tab to see the SFTP enrichment.
- If necessary, do the following:
|Edit a workflow for previously created SFTP enrichment||Click Edit.|
|Delete a workflow||Click Delete.|
|Run the SFTP enrichment||Click Run.|
|See the run history of the SFTP enrichment||Click Run History.|
|Cancel the Run that is in progress||Click Cancel Run.|
|View the items in the List||Select List.|
|View the items in a specific Group (For example, Name, Enrichment, status)||Select Group by.|
- After the enrichment process, you can view details in the Tables and the customer section as follows:
- To view details in the Databases section, do the following:
- In the left pane, go to the Lakehouse and click Databases to find your table in the Gold > Enrichment list.
- Click the table name to view attributes, data, and download the CSV file.
- To view details in the customer section, do the following:
In the left pane, go to Profile, click Customers.
Click on the Profile card, and select the All Attributes tab.