Creating a New Record
A record contains one or more categories of information. It is a group of attributes within a table that are relevant to a specific table. For example, a user table can have multiple attributes such as name, phone number, and email address. You can add these attributes and use them with many record types.
You have created tables and attributes in the Datavault to create a new record.
To create a new record
- In the left pane, go to Vault.
- Open Datavault and select Table where you want to add and view records.
The Data tab displays records of your table.
- Click New Record to add data. In this example, add a record to group attributes (ID, Name, and Email) for the User table.
- Enter relevant information for your attributes.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
You can view a new record in the Data tab.
To edit and delete a record
- In the Data tab, choose the data you want to edit or delete.
- Click the horizontal ellipsis in the Actions column of the record and do the following:
|If you want to||Then|
|Modify the Data||Click Edit > Save to apply your changes.|
|Delete the Data||Click Remove > Delete.|