Creating BigQuery Enrichment
BigQuery is a fully managed enterprise data warehouse that helps you manage and analyze your data. SkyPoint Cloud provides a feature to enrich your customer data with data from the BigQuery enrichment connector.
To configure BigQuery enrichment, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You have an active customer profile.
- Google BigQuery Service Account credentials for validation – Email, Project Id, Password.
- P12 Key file access.
To create BigQuery enrichment
- In the left pane, go to Profile > Enrichment, and select the Discover tab.
- Choose BigQuery, click Enrich my data.
- Read the Overview, click Next.
The BigQuery enrichment consists of four steps, and you need to perform in the following order:
- Connect: Select the connection for enrichment.
- Required data: Choose a table containing customer profiles and related data from BigQuery to enrich.
- Attribute mapping: Map the related fields from the customer table and the BigQuery table to get the data based on the mapped fields.
- Review and run: Add the name for the enrichment and review the settings before running the enrichment.
Select and set up your BigQuery connection
You can create a connection that allows SkyPoint Cloud instance to share data with another service.
- Click Add connection to add a new link.
- If you want to change the existing BigQuery connection, select a Connection for enrichment from the drop-down list, then click Edit.
- Enter a Display name.
- Enter your BigQuery Service Account credentials for validation – Email, Project Id, Password.
- Click Choose File to upload a P12 file.
|Option to enter your email associated with Google BigQuery.|
|Project Id||Option to enter Google cloud platform Project Id.|
|Password||Option to enter your password.|
|Key File||Option to upload a P12 key file. P12 file uses Public Key Cryptography Standard (PKCS) encryption to store private key and other sensitive information.|
- Click Verify > Save > Next.
Select customer and BigQuery data set
- Choose a Customer data set from the drop-down list. For example, Profile, Audience.
- In the BigQuery Data drop-down list, choose a data set containing customer profiles related data from BigQuery.
- Click Next.
Map your field name to the corresponding BigQuery table field
- Select the source table from the Source drop-down list.
- Select the BigQuery table from the Target drop-down list.
- Click Next.
Name BigQuery enrichment, review, and run
- Enter Enrichment name > Output table name.
- Click Save Enrichment.
- Click Run to start enriching the data.
- If you want to return, click Close.
- After the run process, click the My Enrichments tab to see the BigQuery enrichment.
- If necessary, do the following:
|Edit a workflow for previously created BigQuery enrichment||Click Edit.|
|Delete a workflow||Click Delete.|
|Run the BigQuery enrichment||Click Run.|
|See the run history of the BigQuery enrichment||Click Run History.|
|Cancel the Run that is in progress||Click Cancel Run.|
|View the items in the List||Select List.|
|View the items in a specific Group (For example, Name, Enrichment, status)||Select Group by.|
- After the enrichment process, you can view details in the Tables and the customer section as follows:
To view details in the Tables section, do the following:
1. In the left pane, go to the **Lakehouse** and click **Databases** to find your table in the **Gold** > **Enrichment** list.
2. Click the table name to view attributes, data, and download the CSV file.
- To view details in the customer section, do the following:
1. In the left pane, go to the **Profile**, click **Customers**.
2. Click on **Profile card**, and select the **All Attributes tab**.