Unifying data – add Master data
SkyPoint Cloud MDM unifies data using data matching and merging techniques. Data matching involves identifying and comparing records in different datasets that represent the same or similar tables. Once the matching records have been identified, data merging involves combining the data from the different records into a single, unified "golden" record.
SkyPoint Cloud allows the creation of multiple master data profiles under the same instance for your tenant.
Add Master data
Follow the below steps to add master data:
- Go to Resolve > Unify.
- Click Add Master Data.
- Enter the Master Data name and Display name.
- Select the Type (community, resident, product, patient, etc.) from the dropdown list. Based on your requirement, you can select the master data type. For example, the Resident master data type can be used to classify and store information about senior living residents of a particular area or community and manage their care level, medications, and other details. You can include information about their contact details, demographics, and living arrangements. With the help of SkyPoint Cloud Master Data, you can generate reports, send reminders, and automate communication with residents.
- Click Save.
Master data is displayed on the Unify page.
- Repeat the process as needed to add additional master data records. It depends on your business needs and operations. For example: In the healthcare domain, you can create master data representing patients, providers, facilities, equipment, staff, medications, etc. In the retail domain, you can create master data representing products, customers, employees, warehouse, etc. Depending on the size and complexity of your organization, you can develop more detailed processes and procedures for adding and maintaining master data in SkyPoint Cloud MDM.
- Click Edit under the Actions column to make any changes in the Match and Merge processes.
- You can enable or disable master data. If you want to disable master data, click Disable.
Disabling the master data will not delete the entity/table from the platform. This feature helps to limit the visibility of the disabled master data table from further downstream processes like Master data > Profile, Activate > Audience, Metrics. You can enable the disabled master data as per the requirement. If a downstream process was already configured with disabled master data before disabling it, the downstream table remains un-effected. But you cannot create a new downstream process with a disabled master data downstream.
You can view the master data tables in the Gold tab under Lakehouse > Databases.
Set a schedule for the Master data
You can schedule your master data creation by using the built-in scheduling feature. This allows you to set up recurring tasks that automatically update your master data at specific intervals.
To set a schedule for the master data, navigate to the Settings > Schedule section and configure the auto-run feature. You can select the master data, then specify the schedule for the task (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly), and any other relevant settings. Once the task is set up, it will automatically run at the specified schedules and update your master data.
Currently, the platform supports the scheduler functionality only for the default master data.
Follow the Match (Rule match or ML match) and Merge steps to ensure that your master data is accurate and complete.